Thursday, September 12, 2013

New York, New York!

I travel to New York just about every six weeks or so for work, but really I'm just in the city for, oh about 15 minutes, before I head out to Tarrytown where my office is. So it's not often I really get to enjoy the city. Of course there was last year when I got to take in a match at The US Open which was ah-mazing, and then this year where I got to hit up Broadway!

A couple of us decided to take in a show and so we hit up the famous Ticket Booth in Time Square for some super discounted tickets to see Newsies. I have been in love with Newsies since High School when my volleyball team would watch it before games and sing the songs on the bus. One of those memories that even as the years go by stays strong in my mind. 

Before the show we grabbed some cocktails and appetizers at Guy Fieri's restaurant. The food was so good, I know it may seem a bit "touristy" but if you ever have a chance to go there, I'd take it and be sure to order the Ahi Tuna Tacos, woah, or as Guy would say, "winner winner chicken dinner!" 


The show was unbelievable! We all left there with the biggest smiles on our faces and all agreed we had the urge to just start dancing in the middle of Time Square (it's important to note that we did not break out in dance, but it's safe to say that had we, we would not have been the weirdest sight to see, boy are there some weirdos in NYC!) :) Seriously though, if you get a chance to see this musical, do it! You won't regret it. The singing was great, but the dancing was what really blew me away. So so good! 



Adult Sippy Cups! Ha, seriously, they sell cocktails and let you bring them into the show! Who knew?!


I definitely heart NYC! 


No comments: