Monday, December 29, 2008

'Twas the night before Christmas...

We had a great Christmas Eve, starting with some early morning shopping (it wouldn't be Christmas Eve if I wasn't out the door by 7:30 crossing off last minute gifts from my list). I also stuck to my tradition of wrapping gifts while watching "Its a Wonderful Life," my all time favorite movie! It still makes me tear up after all these years.

Andy spent the bulk of the day in the kitchen, preparing our, 5th or maybe 6th, Thanksgiving dinner this year! Ha! We usually make homemade ravioli for Christmas Eve, but Andy was craving the smell of turkey, so turkey it was! We invited Andy's parents and our good family friends, Dan and Eloise. Dinner was great and the company even better!

After dinner we spent some time sitting around the Christmas tree enjoying some coffee and cookies, and would you believe that all of a sudden that stubborn section on the tree that had been out since the beginning of the month turned back on! It was a Christmas miracle...well, maybe not, but it did seem like perfect timing! :)

After our guests left, I sent Andy upstairs so I could bring up all his gifts and stuff his stocking. Then it we fell asleep watching "A Christmas Story," the perfect end to a great Christmas Eve.





Add Image

No comments: